I'd go back to change all the stupid things I've done, make all the right decisions at the right time, then go into the future just to check if everything works out alright. Maybe make a few extra bucks on the way. Then I'd come back to the present and never have to worry about anything again.
If only everything could be that simple. About a month ago I quit my job. I resigned.
That night I couldn't sleep. My mind was wide awake thinking what am I going to do? Is this the right decision? How long will I be out of a job? What about my car loan? What about Kai? The questions seemed endless.
It was funny, on that day I didn't wake up thinking "Today is the day I'm going to resign." Even though I had been thinking about it two weeks after starting, however it just happened. I felt that I wasn't able to grow, it wasn't the specific area I wanted to be in and to top it off it was in a negative environment. The boss complained, shouted, argued about everything and everybody, literally.
The weeks before I resigned I had been searching for something to come my way. I had been sending out my resume randomly to see if there were any openings for new design roles. The replies were the usual, 'we'll keep your file on record & good luck with your search.' I was just absolutely confused in what to do or where to go.
Strangely, I was reminded of a design agency that I first went to an interview for 2 years ago fresh out of college. Being on the brink of my insanity and confusion in not knowing what to do, I said 'God if I even just hear from them I'll quit my job.'
That morning I got a reply, asking me to come in for an interview.
The monday after I resigned, I got the job.
Sometimes it is just amazes me to think how God manages to time everything perfectly, yet we run around like mad kids on cordial telling God what we want and when we want it. Yet God has the best timing and everything planned up his sleeve.
No comments:
Post a Comment